About Me

My photo
New mom trying to adapt to a new life!

Followers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thing #10

Creative Commons...yet another new topic. Ok so I get it, it is for us to be able to share rather than take without permission. Let's face it we have all probably copied a picture, graphic or idea from the internet now a days that maybe we should not have...well now I know what to look for so that I accidentally do not commit a crime. I can see how when creating a lesson that we can build on something that is already out there instead of re inventing the wheel, or take something and tweak it to our likings. Teaching is about collaborating just as well as the students collaborating on topics. We need to practice what we teach and this seems like one of the best things so far that I have seen to allow us to build on one an others ideas and share them once we have made additions. This will be great and useful. The only down fall that I see this far is that information will need to be given about creative commons so that we can utilize it correctly. Information is always key to success.

2 comments:

  1. You're right! We do need to practice what we teach, but just like the kids, it's easy just to "google" it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a teacher tell the students just to google for pictures. We all need to practice what we preach.

    ReplyDelete