About Me

My photo
New mom trying to adapt to a new life!

Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thing #22

Social Networking sites oh where does on begin. I have used MySpace and I am a current user of Facebook.
Educators need to know how these sites work due to the high usage of them by their students. Most students have a page on one if not both of these famous sites and they find ways to keep up with their friends and the happenings. I did not learn much of anything new since I have used them but helps make me aware that anyone can have a page and can be used for many purposes good and bad. They do not filter out the bad so there are many ways for people to get into trouble with these sites. This moves into what I dislike about them and that is there are bad people out there that do bad things...enough said. I love facebook because I can easily keep in touch with family that is far away and the ones that are near. It is very easy to keep in touch with old and new friends. I prefer Facebook because it seems to be a much more mature site than MySpace. Features were about the same just different ways of expressing who you are and what you like. I do not see a way for this to be used in education other than a way to demonstrate networking and communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment